Sunday, January 24, 2010

I hope I make myself clear.

Dear your Majesty the Queen, Gordon Brown, the Chief commissioner of police, the Lord chief justice, the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Lord High Executioner, and whoever else it may concern,
I'm telling you now, and I want it on record, that if anyone should break into my house at any time, especially in the middle of the night, I shall be so frightened that I shall do anything I can to stop them from hurting me, including seriously assaulting them if I can. And I shan't be waiting to find out what their intentions are. It might be just some harmless dear little chap, who only wants to steal my money, my tv, computer and car keys, and crap on my carpet, but I aint gonna ask him, or wait to find out if he's going to rape, torture and kill me like all those women I've seen on Crime Watch. No, if I get the chance, I shall drop a heavy plant pot on his head from the top of the stairs. [This is the only thing I can think of].
Similarly, I am informing you that if anyone I love should ever have to endure terrible suffering with no hope of relief until their death, I will do anything I can to hasten that death as sensitively as possible.
Should either of these terrible things come to pass, I would expect the circumstances to be closely examined by my peers. If the society I live in is so cruel and heartless as to consider that I have not suffered enough, refuses to apply common sense, or insists on following some rigid point of law so that I am condemned and punished further, then that is my misfortune.
Just so that you know.

2 comments:

  1. Here here...we keep an 18 inch Dalek under the bed to assault any burglars should they attack us in the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post again Missus. Your public is eagerly waiting!

    ReplyDelete